Interested in shaping global adolescent health?Interested in contributing to the International Association for Adolescent Heath?
This is your invitation to join an IAAH committee where you will work with
a purpose-driven, supportive community of exceptional health professionals.
The Council is seeking expressions of interest from IAAH members to join the following 4 committees:
- Communications committee
- Education committee
- Finance committee
- Governance and Policy committee
- International Adolescent Health Week committee
- Membership committee
- Nominations and Awards committee
- Scientific Events committee
- Youth Engagement committee
Members will be appointed to a committee for an initial 12-month term, with the option to extend their commitment annually, in consultation with the committee co-chairs.
Expression of interest to join IAAH committees will only be considered for fee-paying considered members of IAAH.
IAAH Committee Terms of Reference and Priority Activities
- IAAH Communications Committee
- IAAH Education Committee
- IAAH Finance Committee
- IAAH Governance and Policy Committee
- International Adolescent Health Week (IAHW) Committee
- IAAH Membership Committee
- IAAH Nominations and Awards Committee
- IAAH Scientific Events Committee
- IAAH Youth Engagement Committee
Chair(s): Asha Pemberton, Vice-President Caribbean
- To promote IAAH’s image and brand as a professionally focused, globally active multidisciplinary organization
- To oversee the development and maintenance of the new IAAH website
- To grow an appropriate social media presence for IAAH
- To oversee the communication of IAAH statements and policies to IAAH members and stakeholders
- To create proactive and reactive messages to disseminate to IAAH members and stakeholders about topical, relevant and important issues and initiatives in global adolescent health
- To develop and maintain relationships with various organizations and individuals to amplify global and national communication about adolescent health and about IAAH.
Co-Chairs: Risa Turetsky, Vice President North America, Preeti Galagali, IAAH Member
- Inspiring and advancing the capacities of professionals around the globe to provide excellent adolescent care.
- Ensuring resources are available, appropriate, and accessible for cross disciplines and cross nations.
- Providing guidance and direction for education in the field of adolescent health.
- Developing and/or disseminating educational content.
- Collaborating with other organizations and partners to advance the mission of IAAH around education.
Chair(s): Meera Beharry, IAAH Secretariat/Treasurer
- To oversee the financial health and sustainability of the organization.
- To provide financial analysis, advice, and oversight of the organization’s budget.
- To ensure the organization is operating with the financial resources it needs to provide the approved initiatives/programs/services.
- To make recommendations to the IAAH Council regarding investment opportunities, based on developed business case(s) and return on investments (ROI).
Chair(s): Nicola Gray, Vice President Europe
- To ensure that the policies, advocacy and communications activities of IAAH fulfill the mission of IAAH
- To develop a small number of priority internal For example, the development of policy and guidelines to support the development of new national and regional associations of adolescent health
- To develop external policies, based on a policy scoping exercise to decide on the scope and range of policy and advocacy activities and after consideration of which external policies IAAH is willing to endorse or adapt to its own needs.
Chair(s): Laura Offutt, IAAH Special Advisor
- To celebrate young people and work collaboratively toward improving the health and well-being of the over 1 billion adolescents across the globe.
- To inspire adolescents and their communities to advocate for a successful transition to adulthood.
- To listen to and engage with IAHW youth ambassadors.
Co-Chairs: Daisy Olumide, Vice President Sub Saharan Africa; Harish Pemde, Vice President East Asia; Mauricio Scarpello, Vice President Latin America
- Increase individual IAAH membership.
- Increase national and regional organizational IAAH membership.
- Increase youth and young adult IAAH membership.
Chairs: Susan Sawyer, Immediate Past President
- To organize the processes for nominating and voting for members of the IAAH Council (currently every 3 years).
- To review the criteria for the IAAH Founders Awards, and develop a process for nominations and selection.
- To review the criteria for awarding the IAAH Honorary Fellowship Award and provide guidance/support for the person selected.
- To review the criteria for awarding the IAAH Young Professionals Prize, and develop a process for nominations and selection.
- To work in association with the Communications Committee to publicize the achievements of IAAH awardees.
- To oversee the application, bidding, and planning processes for the IAAH World Congress on Adolescent Health and identify potential individuals to participate in the various committees required to run the World Congress.
- To support the development of regional adolescent health conferences.
- To identify and recommend IAAH participation in planning committees and/or events as requested by other organizations.